How It Works
Rent-Try-Buy® is a 12-month agreement that lets you try before you buy, and it gives you several flexible options to choose from throughout the term of your contract. At the end of your contract you can choose to:
- Return equipment with no further obligation.
- Continue to rent and the purchase price will continue to drop.
- Purchase equipment at any time and receive a 75% net rental rebate.
- Work towards ownership with Easy Own® and enjoy a 30% discount on your weekly payments over 36 months.
How It Benefits You
- Free up your valuable working capital
- 100% tax-deductible rental payments
- Off balance sheet funding so it doesn’t affect your borrowing ability
- The ability to try a product before you buy it
- Low weekly rental repayments
- Peace of mind from knowing you’re not stuck with equipment that isn’t perfect for your needs
- The ability to add further equipment as your business grows
- A 12 month agreement – don’t get locked into a long term lease
- The nett cost of funding after tax deductions is 7%
- No directors’ guarantees, so you don’t have to put your house on the line
- Furthermore our application process is simple and obligation free
Who Can Benefit From The Silver Chef Finance Solution
Silver Chef supports business big or small, old or new, Australia wide. It offers funding for a variety of industries within the hospitality including but not limited to:
- Catering & function establishements
- Pubs & Taverns
- Patisseries & bakeries
- Clubs & bars
- Designers & Architects
- Colleges & Educational establishments
- Churches & Community centres
- Government organisations
What You Can Finance
Silver Chef can help you finance a wide range of catering equipment and cafe furniture, including the following and much more:
- Coffee equipment
- Cake displays
- Bakery equipment
- Commercial ovens
- Deep fryers
- Bench top equipment
- Stainless steel
- Commercial furniture
Renting vs Leasing
If you’ve made the smart decision not to tie up capital in Catering Equipment, you now must weigh the option of renting against the more common financing option: leasing.
While leasing may look like a good idea at first glance, you need to take into account the full impact leasing Kitchen Equipment will have on your business.
|Leasing||Silver Chef Rent-Try-Buy®|
|×Four-year fixed contract||-Off-Balance Item|
|×On-balance item||-No Director’s guarantee required|
|×Director’s guarantee required||-Buy with 75% rebate on the rent you’ve paid|
|×No discounted purchase option||-Return or continue renting (& lower the purchase price)|
|×Stuck with the equipment|
A lease is a balance sheet item – which reduces your equity, your ability to borrow and, accordingly, your availability of working capital. Rent is an ‘off-balance’ sheet item (like salaries or electricity). This means that rental contracts have no impact on your equity, or on your ability to borrow.
A lease requires a lot of paperwork and binds you into a four year contract. This contract makes it difficult to trade or sell your equipment when it comes time to upgrade your kitchen.
A Silver Chef Rent-Try-Buy® agreement involves minimal paperwork, meaning you can get the equipment you need immediately – and enjoy the flexibility to upgrade whenever it suits.